posted 16 May 2012, 01:07 by Greg Basford
10 schools will embark on the use of CloudShare
, Google Apps for Sydney Catholic Schools, as part of a pilot project to implement the move to our new virtual learning environment. The Schools are:
|Region||High School||Primary Schools||Bootcamp|
|Inner West||Domremy College, Five Dock||St Kevin’s, Eastwood|
St Martha’s, Strathfield
|Mon 28/5 & Tue 29/5|
St Ursula’s, Kingsgrove
St Aidan’s, Maroubra
|Thu 7/6 & Fri 8/6|
|South||De la Salle, Revesby||St Christopher’s Primary, Holsworthy|
St John Bosco Primary, Engadine
|Wed 23/5 & Thu 24/5
Each school will send a group of "Google Guides" to a CloudShare Bootcamp: 2 days of immersion in the CloudShare VLE. These Google Guides will be asked to:
- Lead the adoption of CloudShare in their school by using Google Apps as their email, calendar, contacts and virtual learning environment, both for personal productivity and in their classroom.
- Be the in-school reference person for questions around usage of CloudShare in the classroom.
- Mentor other staff in the use of CloudShare.
- If applicable, transfer their own Myclasses resources over to CloudShare.
- Be willing to share experiences (e.g. success stories or challenges) with the wider Catholic Schools community.
The CloudShare Bootcamps kick off with the 3 Southern Region schools on Wed 23rd & Thu 24th of May. We're all looking forward to helping these schools dive in to this exciting new world of Google Apps.